Kiwanis say “Goodbye” to old and “Hello” to DMARC’s new Food Pantry Warehouse
Local Kiwanis clubs were invited to a special ceremony on Saturday, January 11, 2014, honoring their commitment and support to DMARC’s Food Pantry Network.
In 1986, Des Moines area Kiwanis (approximately 12 clubs) built a warehouse at 36th Street to house the food pantry warehouse.
Today’s Des Moines area Kiwanis groups include:
- West Des Moines Kiwanis
- Kiwanis Club of Johnston
- Kiwanis Miracle League
- Kiwanis Club of Des Moines (downtown)
- Ankeny Kiwanis
- Northwest Kiwanis Club
- Golden K Kiwanis
- Urbandale Kiwanis
After a brief celebration and goodbye at the old location on 36th Street, they traveled by bus to the new warehouse located at 1435 Mulberry Street. Staff provided a tour of the warehouse facility and the new DMARC offices. Click here to view the January 11th photo album.
Many thanks to all who make the Food Pantry Network and the Red Barrel program possible.