DMARC YP is a diverse group of committed young professionals, dedicated to create awareness of food insecurity in our community and support DMARC’s efforts to end it.
We want to give members unique opportunities to connect through purpose, grow personally & professionally, and build lasting relationships.
- More About DMARC YP
DMARC YP Board
The YP Board is made up of 8-12 board members that are elected annually.
An easy way to get more involved with DMARC Young Professionals is at the committee level. Each committee offers various planning and leadership opportunities for members. Each committee will have a chair and co-chair.
Raising awareness. Build awareness of DMARC-YP’s mission, activities, and opportunities both to membership and the greater community.Influencing. Ensure that DMARC YP is perceived as a valuable resource and thought leader in the nonprofit sector and greater communities.
Membership Recruitment. Set standards for best practices for membership recruitment. Membership Engagement. Make sure DMARC YP’s members have a relationship and open dialogue with DMARC-YP, as we are cultivating our member base. Membership Evaluation. Determine the needs and strengths of membership through metrics and infrastructure evaluation.Member Benefits. Create a member benefits package that adds value to the network of DMARC YP members.
Advocacy Action. Explore event ideas such as action days at the capital and writing letter.Social Outreach. Coordinator with the communication team on posts for social media, emails, and newsletters on advocating on current political topics relevant to DMARC.Educational Workshops. Host workshops that focus on topics such as fundraising, organizational development, food insecurity, food rescues & recovery and more.
Event planning. Explore event ideas to fulfill the organization’s strategies and produce a rich program mix each year.Events execution. Facilitate the execution of all DMARC YP’s events working with other board members, volunteers, members, partner organizations and others.Events evaluation. Evaluate and review events to ensure the right mix of types of programs and content of programs to fit DMARC YP’s mission.
Contact Amanda Parkins at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining a DMARC YP committee.
WHO OUR MEMBERS ARE
A DMARC YP Membership is great for anyone:
- Working or volunteering in DMARC community
- Interested in supporting the nonprofit sector and its emerging leaders
- Considering a nonprofit career (including job-seekers, students, and sector-switchers)
WHY SHOULD I BECOME A MEMBER?
Getting involved with DMARC YP means tapping into a large network of nonprofit professionals and supporters. Regardless of membership status, events ranging from large happy hours to skill-based workshops are open to professionals of all ages, experience levels, and sectors. Members have more opportunities to connect and actively contribute to a network of engaged and passionate emerging nonprofit leaders. To make the most of your community, become a member today!
DMARC YP MEMBER BENEFITS
- Discounted admission to DMARC YP Events
- DMARC YP t-shirt
- Opportunities to be featured in the DMARC YP newsletter and emails
- Eligibility for DMARC YP board service and other leadership opportunities
- Bike Out Hunger 2022
Bike Out Hunger 2022
Bike out Hunger is our third annual cycling event to support DMARC and its mission to meet basic human needs in greater Des Moines. This year the campaign is planned for October 1-16.
Download a Map Download a Poster
DMARC YP is a diverse group of committed young professionals, dedicated to create awareness of food insecurity in our community and support DMARC’s efforts to end it. We want to give members unique opportunities to connect through purpose, grow personally & professionally, and build lasting relationships.
Each month DMARC assists thousands of individuals through its food pantry network. Your support will help DMARC continue to help those who live with food insecurity in our community, providing fresh and healthy food to those in need through our Food Pantry Network comprised of 14 partner pantries, numerous mobile pantry stops and our home delivery service.
How it Works
Registration is $25 gives you free a T-shirt and a chance to win great prizes! Fundraise for DMARC and for every $25 raised, receive an additional entry to the prize drawings. No limit!
- Complete the registration form below.
- Pick up your t-shirt at the DMARC office at 100 Army Post Road between Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- T-shirts can be mailed with an additional fee $5.
- Map and kickoff event details will be provided via email after registration is complete.
- Fundraise for Bike Out Hunger and receive fun prizes!
- Setting up your own fundraising page for DMARC is easy! Start by creating a profile on https://www.justgiving.com. Here you’ll share your name, email address and create your password for your profile. Once complete, you will be taken to your completed personal profile page. Now your profile is complete!
- You can create a fundraising page for your organization under https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/BikeoutHunger2022
- Detailed instructions available.
Prizes include: DMARC YP key chain, tote bag and Crewneck Sweatshirt, Bike Jersey and choice of backpack or briefcase/laptop bag and full zipper jacket (men’s or woman’s) –prizes vary on the amount of funds raised.
Questions? Contact Nisha Kishor at email@example.com or 515-277-6969 X18
Register for Bike Out Hunger