5 ways you left your mark in 2023
2023 will go down as the busiest year of all-time at the DMARC Food Pantry Network. Even with the challenges that this year has brought, we are incredibly grateful for your support as we’ve risen to meet this emergency need in our community.
1) Your support helped us reach new heights! Whether it was giving your time, talent or treasure, you stepped up to help us meet this unprecedented moment. Countless groups held food and fund drives throughout the year. This year’s Spring Greens raised over $150,000 in support of DMARC’s mission. 552 new volunteers helped out in 2023 to help us meet the record need. In fact, all volunteer contributions for the year are valued at $44,231.
2) Our new headquarters brought in over 700 guests for events like the Care Corridor Community Resource Fair and ‘Portrait of a Food Pantry Visitor’ report.
3) We introduced the DMARC-ket Food Pantry on-the-go, a new mobile food pantry vehicle that was designed from the ground up to meet people where they are at.
4) The Iowa Interfaith Youth Leadership Camp celebrated its seventh year while introducing a pilot version of the experience for adults.
5) Food insecurity advocates helped push back on some of the most harmful elements of legislation targeting SNAP. An estimated 241,000 school-aged children in the state of Iowa received summer food assistance thanks to advocates pushing for action on P-EBT funds.
Help make your mark on our work again in 2024!DONATE