It’s a slam dunk joining DMARCh Madness
March 13 – April 4
Every bracket played means DMARC can provide 33 healthy meals to those in need.
DMARC presents the second annual “DMARCh Madness,” a virtual event created to mobilize the excitement of the NCAA basketball tournaments with everyone’s bracket skills while fighting food insecurity in Greater Des Moines. The campaign is planned for March 13-April 4.
Each month DMARC assists thousands of individuals through its Food Pantry Network. Your support will help DMARC continue to help those who live with food insecurity in our community, providing fresh and healthy food to those in need through the DMARC Food Pantry Network, a network comprised of 14 partner food pantries, 20 mobile pantry stops made by two mobile food pantries and the Refuel Station, a mobile food pantry dedicated to children.
How it Works
Participants will predict the winner of the NCAA basketball tournament by completing their own bracket worksheet. Every submitted worksheet gives you a chance to win DMARC’s pool while also fighting food insecurity in Greater Des Moines!
Play brackets by joining DMARC’s pool or create your own with colleagues or friends for 2 x the fun!
- Pay to play with a $20 donation to DMARC.
- Visit DMARC’s JustGiving page to donate. Remember to include your company name in the comment section.
- Next, join the DMARCh Madness pool and fill out your bracket.
- Every bracket played helps, so play as many brackets as you like! Just want to donate and not play? That’s easy too – just click on our JustGiving link above to donate
Help DMARC in other ways too!
- We recommend that you also host a food and fund drive at your workplace or congregation. We can provide donation bins as well as other materials to ensure your success!
- Get a small group together and host a pop-up food drive at a partnering Red Barrel store the Saturday before the championship game.
- Skip the brackets and join us at Kinship Brewing on Friday, April 8, at 6:00pm (Facebook Event). Enjoy live music and a free beer in exchange for a donation of two or more items!
- DMARC adheres to healthy food guidelines for its pantries and mobile site locations, so please donate items that are low in sugar, fat and salt. Our three most needed items include healthy cereal (less than 10g of sugar per serving), peanut butter, and fruit canned in its own juice.
Multiple Ways to Win
- There are four ways to win:
- Overall best bracket
- Worst bracket
- Top fundraiser
- Top company participation traveling trophy
Questions? Contact Nisha Kishor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-277-6969 x18.