Help Tackle Hunger with DMARC!
Let’s All Play Ball in Souper Bowl of Caring
Souper Bowl of Caring is a national campaign that works to mobilize those looking to fight hunger and poverty in their own communities around the time of the big football game. This year the campaign is planned for February 6-7.
Each month DMARC assists thousands of individuals through its Food Pantry Network. Your support will help DMARC continue to help those who live with food insecurity in our community, providing fresh and healthy food to those in need through our Food Pantry Network comprised of 14 partner pantries, 31 mobile pantry stops and our Refuel Station, a mobile food pantry created to meet the needs of kids in the area.
How You Can Help
You can host your own Souper Bowl of Caring event or drive to benefit the DMARC Food Pantry Network! Consider helping in one of two ways!
- Create a friendly competition between fans/colleagues to see which team can raise the most funds, food, or both. Host a virtual drive:
- Setting up your own fundraising page for DMARC is easy! Start by creating a profile on justgiving.com. Here you’ll share your name, email address and create your password for your profile. Once complete, you will be taken to your completed personal profile page. Now your profile is complete!
- You can create a fundraising page for your organization under justgiving.com/campaign/NFCChampionSouperBowlofCaring and justgiving.com/campaign/AFCChampionSouperBowlofCaring.
- Detailed instructions available.
- Host a traditional drive along with the virtual drive:
- If you are able, we recommend hosting a food drive at your work place or congregation site. We can provide bins and drop off/pick up options.
- DMARC has healthy food guidelines at our food pantries, so please donate items that are low in sugar, fat and salt. Our top three current food needs are: healthy cereal (less than 10g of sugar per serving), peanut butter, and fruit canned in its own juice. Learn more: dmarcunited.org/food/most-needed-items
- Get a small group together and host a pop up food drive at a partnering Red Barrel store the Saturday before the big game.
Questions? Contact Nisha Kishor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-277-6969 x18.