DMARC relies on hundreds of volunteers every year to help us fulfill our mission of meeting basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community. Whether you’re sorting food donations in our warehouse, assisting visitors at our mobile food pantry, providing no-contact food deliveries to individuals in need, picking up donations from a Red Barrel, serving on a committee, or volunteering at a special event, you can help make a difference in our community.
Visit our volunteer portal below to learn more about DMARC’s volunteer opportunities and sign up today!View and sign up for available opportunities
Questions? Contact Volunteer & Outreach Manager Amanda Parkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JOIN A LEADERSHIP COMMITTEE
HELP BUILD IMPACT NOW
Behind every special event, food drive or public outreach campaign is a team of doers that help make connections that make our work a success. Joining a committee provides you the opportunity to make a targeted impact on a specific event/program and expand the impact we have for the folks we serve.
Committee opportunities include:
- 1. Development & Outreach – this group helps get others involved and keeps other subcommittees informed and on track.
- 2. Spring Greens – this committee helps plan DMARC’s annual signature event which raises funds and celebrates DMARC efforts to meet our community’s basic human needs.
- 3. DMARC YP – this committee learns about food insecurity and how to help while also gaining valuable volunteer experience at DMARC’s mobile food pantries, at food collection sites (Meals from the Market), through food drives and more!
- 4. Food & Fund Drive – this committee puts the “FUN” in fundraising, helping local organizations host special food and fund drives for tailgates, holidays, and more!
- 5. Red Barrel – this committee helps plan promotional activities that support the donation of food through area Red Barrel sites at retailers across the metro.
If you are interested in this or any other volunteer opportunities with DMARC, please contact Amanda Parkins at email@example.com.
- DMARC YP
DMARC YP is a diverse group of committed young professionals, dedicated to create awareness of food insecurity in our community and support DMARC’s efforts to end it. This is a great opportunity for those working or volunteering in DMARC community, interested in supporting the nonprofit sector and its emerging leader and/or considering a nonprofit career (including job-seekers, students, and sector-switchers).
Learn more and join DMARC YP at dmarcunited.org/yp.
- FOOD DELIVERY
Food Delivery Driver
Many of our delivery recipients have come to depend on the DMARC Delivery Program that was born out of the necessity during the pandemic. We are grateful for of the support our volunteers provide for those in need. On-call shifts are available Monday through Friday, starting at 9am, the routes normally take an hour to complete.
- Pick up packages of food from the DMARC warehouse and deliver food to a set number of homes within the Des Moines metro.
- Initial and ongoing training provided by DMARC warehouse staff persons
View this opportunity and sign up at our volunteer portal.
Questions? Contact Volunteer & Outreach Manager Amanda Parkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit the sign up page.