Des Moines Area Religious Council
With important programs to feed, assist and nurture the needs of Greater Des Moines, the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) works with over 125 member congregations from five different faith traditions.
Working together to meet basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community.
Latest News from DMARC
- While all partner food pantries in the DMARC Food Pantry Network have made adaptations during the pandemic, Urbandale Food Pantry has been especially innovative in its approach to limit the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to provide food to people facing hunger and food insecurity …Read More »
- On February 8, DMARC’s Coordinator of Interfaith Engagement and state senator, Rev. Sarah Trone Garriott, shared a prayer in the Iowa Senate written by a young Muslim woman who was a previous participant of the Interfaith Youth Leadership Camp, a week-long event DMARC co-hosts every …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry Network began distributing USDA boxes from the fifth round of the USDA’s Farmers to Families Food Box Program today. DMARC previously participated in the first four rounds of the program from late May to the end …Read More »
- This year, the Johnston Partnership will celebrate their 20th anniversary as a nonprofit organization. But it was only a few months ago that the organization moved into building space that was specifically designed for their needs. The new space, which officially opened on September 29, …Read More »
- by T.K. West Originally from Madrid, Nadia Drake grew up on a farm in an area that is historically known as Sugar Valley. She then graduated from the University of Northern Iowa before making her way back to the Des Moines Metro. Today, Nadia not …Read More »
- Last week, DMARC lost a very important member of our family, Linda Vander Hart. Linda was the Office Administrator for our team for more than seven years, but that “title” falls woefully short in describing how much Linda did for DMARC. She very much was …Read More »
- This Holiday season donate and shop all in one place! Whether buying a gift for a loved one or yourself do it with DMARC’s Holiday sale. Your support of the event will help close the gap between hunger and food security in Greater Des Moines, …Read More »
- Catholic Charities Food Pantry 1815 Hubbell Avenue Des Moines, IA 50316 (515) 262-7290 Website Hours of Operation Monday-Thursday: 10:00am – 3:30pm Friday: 9:30am – 11:30am Catholic Charities, Diocese of Des Moines has been providing food service to the greater Des Moines community for a long …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry Network distributed 6,000 Thanksgiving meals that were donated by Hy-Vee, Inc. On November 19, Des Moines area Hy-Vee employees packed 1,500 Thanksgiving meal packages, each containing enough food for a Thanksgiving meal for four. “The Des …Read More »
- The “big game” between Iowa and Iowa State is one of the biggest Iowa – and DMARC traditions! As part of the fun each year, Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) encourages groups and organizations to host competitive food and fund drives in honor of …Read More »