Des Moines Area Religious Council
With important programs to feed, assist and nurture the needs of Greater Des Moines, the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) works with over 125 member congregations from five different faith traditions.
Working together to meet basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community.
Latest News from DMARC
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) and Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Iowa (BGCCI) are relaunching the “Refuel Station” this week, a mobile food pantry specifically designed to cater to children. The Refuel Station was originally launched in April 2019, but operations were …Read More »
- As an effort to better acknowledge all the hard work our dedicated volunteers put in to help us meet our mission, DMARC is spotlighting their hard work! This month, we’re recognizing Connie Richards for her help volunteering with our Red Barrel Program and Mobile Food …Read More »
- Daniel Beck is the Data, Analytics, and Program Coordinator at DMARC. Daniel joined DMARC during the spring/summer of 2010, initially as a volunteer assisting with some construction in the former warehouse, and was hired as staff later in the summer that same year. Daniel’s role …Read More »
- by Linda Gobberdiel, MA RD LD We are currently in the middle of National Nutrition Month and what a great time to introduce DMARC’s Nutrition Advisory Committee! This relatively new group focuses on nutrition-related projects for DMARC and their food pantries. Back in 2019, DMARC …Read More »
- While all partner food pantries in the DMARC Food Pantry Network have made adaptations during the pandemic, Urbandale Food Pantry has been especially innovative in its approach to limit the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to provide food to people facing hunger and food insecurity …Read More »
- On February 8, DMARC’s Coordinator of Interfaith Engagement and state senator, Rev. Sarah Trone Garriott, shared a prayer in the Iowa Senate written by a young Muslim woman who was a previous participant of the Interfaith Youth Leadership Camp, a week-long event DMARC co-hosts every …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry Network began distributing USDA boxes from the fifth round of the USDA’s Farmers to Families Food Box Program today. DMARC previously participated in the first four rounds of the program from late May to the end …Read More »
- This year, the Johnston Partnership will celebrate their 20th anniversary as a nonprofit organization. But it was only a few months ago that the organization moved into building space that was specifically designed for their needs. The new space, which officially opened on September 29, …Read More »
- by T.K. West Originally from Madrid, Nadia Drake grew up on a farm in an area that is historically known as Sugar Valley. She then graduated from the University of Northern Iowa before making her way back to the Des Moines Metro. Today, Nadia not …Read More »
- Last week, DMARC lost a very important member of our family, Linda Vander Hart. Linda was the Office Administrator for our team for more than seven years, but that “title” falls woefully short in describing how much Linda did for DMARC. She very much was …Read More »