Des Moines Area Religious Council
With important programs to feed, assist and nurture the needs of Greater Des Moines, the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) works with over 125 member congregations from five different faith traditions.
Working together to meet basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community.
Latest News from DMARC
- This November, the DMARC Food Pantry Network assisted 22,632 individuals, setting a new record number of people assisted in a single month by the organization. It was also the first time DMARC assisted over 9,000 households in a single month. “We were expecting November would …Read More »
- Joe Dolack joined the DMARC team in April 2013, and as Operations Manager he oversees different programs within the DMARC Food Pantry Network. Joe helped build the Mobile Food Pantry Program from its infancy. The Mobile Food Pantry Program has more than double in size …Read More »
- The Rev. Sarah Trone Garriott joined DMARC in August 2017 as the Coordinator of Interfaith Engagement. Sarah works with the diverse faith communities of the greater Des Moines area to support the mission of DMARC, while also creating resources and opportunities to support faith communities …Read More »
- Fall is in the air, and so is the spirit of friendly competition! Earlier this month, a dozen companies and organizations hosted competitive drives for the DMARC Food Pantry Network (including our staff here at DMARC). Some gave online through a virtual food drive, others …Read More »
- If you’ve dropped off a food donation or volunteered at DMARC in the past year, there’s a good chance you met John McPhee. As Warehouse Manager, John is responsible for managing warehouse inventory, operations and directing volunteer groups. John makes sure that everything in our …Read More »
- On Friday, September 9, 2019, Des Moines area Hy-Vee store directors stopped by DMARC’s warehouse to present a donation of $42,940.28 to the DMARC Food Pantry Network. The stores participated in a companywide campaign earlier this year called “Feed the Need” to help replenish local …Read More »
- Earlier this month, Global Atlantic Financial Group hosted a virtual drive for DMARC focused on raising funds to purchase diapers, wipes, infant formula, baby food, and period supplies. The drive was spearheaded by Global Atlantic Financial Group’s Women’s Network. One of the objectives of the …Read More »
- This article first appeared in the Aug/Sep/Oct 2019 issue of The Voice. Over the past few years, DMARC has enjoyed the privilege of hosting high school interns to assist our warehouse team with daily operations while developing life and job skills. This summer we welcomed …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) strongly opposes the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)’s final rule, “Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds.” We believe the “public charge” rule will negatively impact the health and nutrition of children and families in Iowa and throughout the nation. …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) strongly opposes the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s proposed rule change that would significantly roll back broad-based categorical eligibility (BBCE) for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Iowa is one of 42 states and jurisdictions that utilizes …Read More »