Des Moines Area Religious Council
With important programs to feed, assist and nurture the needs of Greater Des Moines, the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) works with over 125 member congregations from five different faith traditions.
Working together to meet basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community.
Latest News from DMARC
- This year, the Johnston Partnership will celebrate their 20th anniversary as a nonprofit organization. But it was only a few months ago that the organization moved into building space that was specifically designed for their needs. The new space, which officially opened on September 29, …Read More »
- by T.K. West Originally from Madrid, Nadia Drake grew up on a farm in an area that is historically known as Sugar Valley. She then graduated from the University of Northern Iowa before making her way back to the Des Moines Metro. Today, Nadia not …Read More »
- Last week, DMARC lost a very important member of our family, Linda Vander Hart. Linda was the Office Administrator for our team for more than seven years, but that “title” falls woefully short in describing how much Linda did for DMARC. She very much was …Read More »
- This Holiday season donate and shop all in one place! Whether buying a gift for a loved one or yourself do it with DMARC’s Holiday sale. Your support of the event will help close the gap between hunger and food security in Greater Des Moines, …Read More »
- Catholic Charities Food Pantry 1815 Hubbell Avenue Des Moines, IA 50316 (515) 262-7290 Website Hours of Operation Monday-Thursday: 10:00am – 3:30pm Friday: 9:30am – 11:30am Catholic Charities, Diocese of Des Moines has been providing food service to the greater Des Moines community for a long …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry Network distributed 6,000 Thanksgiving meals that were donated by Hy-Vee, Inc. On November 19, Des Moines area Hy-Vee employees packed 1,500 Thanksgiving meal packages, each containing enough food for a Thanksgiving meal for four. “The Des …Read More »
- The “big game” between Iowa and Iowa State is one of the biggest Iowa – and DMARC traditions! As part of the fun each year, Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) encourages groups and organizations to host competitive food and fund drives in honor of …Read More »
- by Andrea Cook, Program Director, Johnston Partnership Place When United Way of Central Iowa announced the 21-Day Equity Challenge, I did all the things a non-profit program director should: emailed the information out to my Board members, staff and volunteers, signed up myself, fielded the …Read More »
- Since its inception in 2010, Halloween on the Hill has grown to become Des Moines’s premier Halloween event. For a decade, residents of the historic Sherman Hill neighborhood have gone all out to decorate their homes with spooky scenes while also collecting food items for …Read More »
- by Amy Becker, Team Pastor, Ashworth Church I’m grateful for the gift of United Way’s 21 Day Equity Challenge. As a pastor, a leader for college ministries around the state of Iowa, as a neighbor, and a mom, the Equity Challenge has given me tools, …Read More »