Des Moines Area Religious Council
With important programs to feed, assist and nurture the needs of Greater Des Moines, the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) works with over 125 member congregations from five different faith traditions.
Working together to meet basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community.
Latest News from DMARC
- Food Pantry Use in December In December 2019, 19,613 people used a DMARC food pantry, an 11.6% increase in use compared to December 2018. Food Pantry Use Continues to Increase In calendar year 2019, the DMARC Food Pantry Network assisted 55,745 unique individuals comprising 23,820 …Read More »
- Leslie Garman joined DMARC’s team as Director of Development & Outreach in May of 2017. Today she leads all fundraising and outreach efforts with the support of DMARC’s development staff and volunteer team. Leslie brings a wealth of fund development, communications, special event, and volunteer …Read More »
- This holiday season, we will be providing extra time for staff to spend with family and friends. The DMARC office and warehouse will close at 12:00pm on Tuesday, December 24, and will re-open the morning of Monday, December 30. We will also be closed January …Read More »
- This November, the DMARC Food Pantry Network assisted 22,632 individuals, setting a new record number of people assisted in a single month by the organization. It was also the first time DMARC assisted over 9,000 households in a single month. Read More »
- Joe Dolack joined the DMARC team in April 2013, and as Operations Manager he oversees different programs within the DMARC Food Pantry Network. Joe helped build the Mobile Food Pantry Program from its infancy. The Mobile Food Pantry Program has more than double in size …Read More »
- The Rev. Sarah Trone Garriott joined DMARC in August 2017 as the Coordinator of Interfaith Engagement. Sarah works with the diverse faith communities of the greater Des Moines area to support the mission of DMARC, while also creating resources and opportunities to support faith communities …Read More »
- Fall is in the air, and so is the spirit of friendly competition! Earlier this month, a dozen companies and organizations hosted competitive drives for the DMARC Food Pantry Network (including our staff here at DMARC). Some gave online through a virtual food drive, others …Read More »
- If you’ve dropped off a food donation or volunteered at DMARC in the past year, there’s a good chance you met John McPhee. As Warehouse Manager, John is responsible for managing warehouse inventory, operations and directing volunteer groups. John makes sure that everything in our …Read More »
- On Friday, September 9, 2019, Des Moines area Hy-Vee store directors stopped by DMARC’s warehouse to present a donation of $42,940.28 to the DMARC Food Pantry Network. The stores participated in a companywide campaign earlier this year called “Feed the Need” to help replenish local …Read More »
- Earlier this month, Global Atlantic Financial Group hosted a virtual drive for DMARC focused on raising funds to purchase diapers, wipes, infant formula, baby food, and period supplies. The drive was spearheaded by Global Atlantic Financial Group’s Women’s Network. One of the objectives of the …Read More »