Des Moines Area Religious Council
With important programs to feed, assist and nurture the needs of Greater Des Moines, the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) works with over 125 member congregations from five different faith traditions.
Working together to meet basic human needs for the greater Des Moines community.
Latest News from DMARC
- Since its inception in 2010, Halloween on the Hill has grown to become Des Moines’s premier Halloween event. For a decade, residents of the historic Sherman Hill neighborhood have gone all out to decorate their homes with spooky scenes while also collecting food items for …Read More »
- by Amy Becker, Team Pastor, Ashworth Church I’m grateful for the gift of United Way’s 21 Day Equity Challenge. As a pastor, a leader for college ministries around the state of Iowa, as a neighbor, and a mom, the Equity Challenge has given me tools, …Read More »
- by Luke Elzinga, Communications & Advocacy Manager, DMARC Three years ago, my partner and I became homeowners, thanks in large part to an FHA first-time homebuyer loan. I feel incredibly fortunate to be a homeowner before the age of 30 – but it’s not luck …Read More »
- by Matt Durham, President, DMARC When setting sail on the 21-Day Equity Challenge I was very much looking forward to the content but didn’t know what to fully expect. Over the past couple months, I, like much of the United States, put some intent around …Read More »
- On Wednesday, September 23, Prairie Meadows announced a $500,000 contribution to the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC), along with a $1 million contribution to the United Way of Central Iowa and a $500,000 contribution to the Food Bank of Iowa. “DMARC is honored to …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry Network and Des Moines Public Schools have expanded their partnership to provide mobile food pantries at additional DMPS school locations. “The COVID-19 spread in Iowa and resulting economic downturn have left many families without enough to …Read More »
Iowa Total Care partnership with DMARC has helped thousands meet basic human needs in Greater Des MoinesThis Friday, August 14, Iowa Total Care will be on-site at a free produce giveaway hosted by the Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) and Capital City Fruit from 10am-1pm at the Southridge Mall parking lot. Iowa Total Care will be distributing kids activity booklets …Read More »
- Update (6/22/2020): DMARC and Capital City Fruit are excited to announce that produce boxes will continue to be distributed through the DMARC Food Pantry Network through August, and more free public giveaways have been scheduled for the following Fridays: June 19 & 26; July 10, …Read More »
- In April, the DMARC Food Pantry Network assisted 12,091 unique individuals, with nearly 1,500 of those people using a DMARC food pantry for the first time ever. DMARC mobile food pantries assisted over 2,000 individuals with another 10,000 individuals assisted through DMARC’s network of partner …Read More »
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) Food Pantry Network is launching a food pantry delivery service to meet the needs of people experiencing food insecurity in Greater Des Moines at this time. If a person is unable to obtain food by either visiting a …Read More »