Host a Drive
Now is the perfect time to start planning a food and fund drive for the DMARC Food Pantry Network—and we encourage you to get creative (and competitive) as you’re planning one! There are some great upcoming opportunities to engage your workplace, congregation, club, neighborhood, organization, or other group in giving back, and having fun while doing so.
Iowa vs. Iowa State Competitive Drives
Want bragging rights off the field prior to the big rivalry game on September 11th?
We can help!
Help tackle hunger by hosting a friendly competition with a food and fund drive for the DMARC Food Pantry Network!
Make it fun!
Have your drive culminate in a tailgate event before the big game and see which team raised the most food and funds. Give a prize to the winning team or a light-hearted “punishment” to the losing team.
The Playbook for Hosting a Successful Food & Fund Drive
- Planning Your Drive
- Contact DMARC. Reach out to DMARC Volunteer & Outreach Manager Nisha Kishor at email@example.com to let us know you’re planning to host a drive.
- Determine what type of drive to host. Are you raising funds, food, personal care items, or all of the above?
- Set a fundraising goal for your drive. This will motivate your team and give them a sense of accomplishment when they meet the goal!
- Promoting Your Drive
- Make a promotional plan. This will help you inform people of your drive and provide reminders for your team along the way. Getting your plan created and ready to launch will take away any stress.
- Launching Your Drive
- Start gathering donations. Be sure to let people know your goal and deadline.
- Send notifications and updates. Give periodic updates throughout your drive and don’t forget to make one final push for donations before your drive is complete.
- Completing Your Drive
- Count and box your donations. Package similar items together and put the number of items on the outside of the box. This helps DMARC save on time and labor.
- Notify DMARC and drop off your donation. Contact DMARC with your results and let us know you will be dropping off your donation.
- Share the results. Take a photo and share your results – and don’t forget to mention DMARC and tag us on social media!
Questions? Contact Nisha Kishor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 277-6969 x18.
Host a Virtual Drive on JustGiving
Hosting a virtual drive is easy! And you’ll have fun and build camaraderie within your organization as you also give back to your community. The tool we recommend when hosting a virtual drive for DMARC is JustGiving.
JustGiving is a crowd fundraising site that allows individuals and teams to raise funds for a registered nonprofit organization. With a JustGiving fundraising page you are given the freedom to customize your site with your own message and branding and include any logos and pictures. The page also gives you control to set your own fundraising goal and get live updates toward your progress as donations come in and see all of your generous donors!Get Started on JustGiving
Setting up your own fundraising page for DMARC is easy!
- Start by creating a profile on www.justgiving.com. You’ll share your name, email address and create your password for your profile. Once complete, you will be taken to your completed personal profile page. Now your profile is complete!
- You can create a fundraising page under any one of our DMARC campaign pages on the JustGivingSite.
Click here for detailed instructions on how to create your own virtual drive and crowd fundraising page for DMARC.
Not tech-savvy? We’re also happy to help you create your own Crowdfunding Campaign for DMARC – and brand it to your organization!