Join Our Team
Multimedia Storytelling InternDownload a PDF
Reports to: Communications Manager
Apply by: August 11, 2017
Internship Details: Paid, part-time, 10-week fall internship
The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) is looking for a creative, outgoing person with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to serve as a Multimedia Storytelling Intern. This person will play a vital role in a new community-focused campaign to gather client stories and capture them through interviews, photography and videography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with local food pantries to gather leads for stories from visitors to the food pantry.
- Visit pantries to meet with clients on-site and make introductions.
- Schedule and conduct interviews with pantry visitors, on-camera when possible.
- Properly obtain media release documentation for all interviewees.
- Produce a minimum of 8 full client stories.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, most importantly Photoshop and Premiere.
- Ability to organize and coordinate photo and video shoots.
- Photography experience, specifically shooting with a DSLR.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in shooting and editing video footage.
- Spanish language capability (speaking and writing).
- Familiarity with WordPress or other Content Management System (CMS).
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in Photography, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
Frequent travel around the metro area will be required. Mileage reimbursement is available.
The intern will serve 15 hours/week for 10 weeks during the fall. Some flexibility with hours and work schedule will be possible. This is a paid internship.
Send a cover letter, resume, and work examples to Luke Elzinga, Communications Manager, by August 11, 2017. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1435 Mulberry Street, Des Moines, IA 50309.