Join Our Team
Current job opportunities with DMARC are listed below.
Full-Time Driver/Warehouse Associate
Reports to: DMARC Food Pantry Network Director
Directly supervises: None
The purpose of this position is to be the primary driver of vehicles for the DMARC Food Pantry Network. This is a full-time position working primarily Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There will be occasional evenings and weekend hours required.
- Responsible for the pick-up and delivery of merchandise and donations from wholesale distribution companies, producers, and other organizations to locations within the Food Pantry Network.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of inventory received or distributed off of the truck.
- Assist in daily warehouse operations, receiving and distributing product as needed.
- Represent DMARC in an appropriate manner at all times to the public.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Responsible for safety checks of all vehicles being utilized and maintain the cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Make management aware of equipment problems or safety concerns regarding vehicles, road conditions, and other safety hazards.
- Work well with staff, volunteers and donors within the warehouse operation and Pantry Network.
- Expand the DMARC outreach into the community when possible.
- Other duties as assigned by DMARC management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability and willingness to drive a cargo van, a cube truck and 20’ straight truck with air brakes.
- CDL not required but preferred.
- Ability and willingness to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly throughout the work day.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with a variety of people and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship between the pantries and the warehouse.
- Communicate any concerns to DMARC management related to activities at the pantries.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills and express enthusiasm and appreciation to donors and volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to train and lead others in a respectful manner.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills, including inventory management.
- Demonstrate basic computer, email and phone skills with a willingness to answer questions in a polite manner.
- Ability to use an electric pallet jack and forklift.
- Must be able to pass both a criminal and drivers background check.
Accountability and Evaluation
The position reports to the DMARC Food Pantry Network Director. A job review is conducted annually.
How to Apply
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Whitlow, Food Pantry Network Director, at email@example.com. This position is open until filled.Download a PDF