Join Our Team
DMARC Accounting Clerk and Office Administrator
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Directly Supervises: None
Classification: Full-Time & Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $38-45K starting salary (commensurate with experience)
This Accounting Clerk and Office Administrator position will be responsible for all accounts receivable and payable processes which requires regular interacting with customers regularly by phone and email. Verifies cash donations, manages bank deposits, enters revenue into QuickBooks and works closely with accountants to ensure compliance and supports office administrative processes as needed.
- With the CEO, maintain organizational banking relationships
- Monthly invoicing and reconciliation for all sources of revenue
- Manage budgeting and auditing processes
- Monthly credit transaction reconciliation
- Assist Development Department with financial information for grants
- Manage any stock transactions and stock sales
- Assembling, sorting and tabulating codes and filing data
- Prepare monthly statistical reports for purchasing analysis, revenue, and gift in-kind donations
- Produce quarterly congregational statements of giving
- Maintaining and promoting excellent vendor relations including Accounting, Information Technology, and Credit Card processors.
- Performing clerical work and interoffice support including receiving and processing mail
- Purchase and manage office supplies and equipment
- Assist with HR and business insurance
- Bi-weekly payroll preparation
- Associate Degree preferred and/or 2 years prior experience with accounts payable and receivables required.
- Prior payroll experience is desired.
- Knowledge and Training in GAAP.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, and publications.
- Experience with QuickBooks and QuickBooks online.
- Experience with donor databases, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to negotiate vendor contracts is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole follows up on missing items; resolves unanswered questions
- Integrity and Trust: Is seen as trustworthy by others; practices direct, honest, and transparent communication; admits mistakes; responds to situations with constancy and reliability.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all those who are relevant to the completion of the work; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; considers the impact of his or her actions on others
- Time management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; is able to focus time on tasks that contribute to organizational goals, uses time effectively and efficiently, can appropriately balance priorities.
- Written communication: Able to write clearly and succinctly; employ correct grammar and punctuation; deliver messages in a tone appropriate to the context; provide counsel to other staff as necessary.
- Team orientation: demonstrates interest, skill, and success in team environment; promotes group goals ahead of personal agendas; shares credit for success with others; takes responsibility for his or her part in team failures.
- Mission ownership: demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Note: Statements included on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) assigned to this job. The statements should not be construed as exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2021.