Join Our Team
Seasonal Part-Time Warehouse Associate
Reports to: DMARC Food Pantry Network Director
Directly supervises: None
The purpose of this position is to assist the DMARC Food Pantry Network warehouse staff in managing the operations of the Food Pantry Network warehouse. This is a part-time 20-25 hour position working primarily with seasonal produce distribution. This position will require a few evening and weekend hours. Ability to lift 50 pounds and drive a 20’ straight truck necessary.
- Organize and manage the summer produce stand.
- Assist with donated produce pickup and delivery to the pantries.
- Assist with helping of everyday activities of the warehouse operation.
- Work with a wide variety of volunteers training and assisting them in the proper procedures of the warehouse.
- Greet and assist individuals as they drop off donations to the warehouse.
- Assist with the moving and receiving of stock at multiple storage locations.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with a variety of people and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills and express enthusiasm and appreciation to donors.
- Demonstrate the ability to train and lead others in a respectful manner.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Demonstrate basic computer, email and phone skills with a willingness to answer questions in a polite manner.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50+ pounds repeatedly throughout the work day.
- Ability and willingness to drive a cargo van or 20’ straight truck.
- Ability to use an electric pallet jack and forklift.
- Must be able to pass both a criminal and drivers background check.
Accountability and Evaluation:
The position is supervised by the DMARC Food Pantry Network Director.
To apply, please email a resume to Rebecca Whitlow at email@example.com.