Join Our Team
Part-Time Mobile Food Pantry Associate
Reports to: DMARC Food Pantry Network Director
Directly Supervises: None
The purpose of this position is to assist with the operation of the DMARC Mobile Food Pantries. This is a part-time 20 hour position. The shifts varying between 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. There will be frequent evenings and weekend hours required.
- Drive the mobile food pantry unit to the designated locations.
- Manage set-up and teardown at the designated locations.
- Willingness to work with school age children.
- Process client intake into the DMARC database system.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of volunteers.
- Manage inventory of pantry, including quality of product and stock inventory.
- Represent DMARC in an appropriate manner at all times to the public.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Responsible for safety checks of Mobile Pantry vehicles and maintain the cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Make management aware of equipment problems or safety concerns regarding vehicles, road conditions, and other safety hazards.
- Work with volunteers and staff at each of the site locations.
- Represent the DMARC Food Pantry Network and the Mobile Pantry at community events.
- Expand DMARC outreach into the community when possible.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with a variety of people and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate good verbal communication skills with clients, pantry site staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to train and lead others in a respectful manner.
- Ability and willingness to drive a pickup truck pulling a 28’ trailer along with other DMARC vehicles such as a cargo van, a cube truck and 20’ straight truck with air brakes.
- CDL not required.
- Ability and willingness to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly throughout the work day.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship between Mobile pantry sites and DMARC.
- Communicate any concerns to DMARC management related to activities at the site locations.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to use database and maintain quality statistical data for network.
- Must be able to pass both a criminal and drivers background check.
Accountability and Evaluation
The position reports to the DMARC Food Pantry Network Director. A job review is conducted annually.
Please send a resume and cover letter to DMARC Operations Manager, Joe Dolack, firstname.lastname@example.org.Download a PDF