The Des Moines Area Religious Council advocates for policies that will reduce food insecurity in the state of Iowa.
DMARC is a member of the Iowa Hunger Coalition, a 501(c)4 non-profit organization. The Iowa Hunger Coalition is a group of passionate anti-hunger organizations and individuals who work for effective policies and help educate Iowans on the causes, effects, and solutions of food insecurity and hunger in Iowa.
If you would like to learn more about our advocacy efforts or data visualization dashboard, please contact DMARC’s Communications and Advocacy Manager, Luke Elzinga, firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 277-6969 x10.
Sign Up to Receive Advocacy Updates
2020 State Legislative Agenda
- Protect and enhance the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Sales tax exemption for hunger-fighting organizations
- Eliminate the sales tax for diapers and period supplies
- Incentivize local food purchases by schools and organizations
- Address the Child Care Cliff Effect
- Streamline food rescue and donation tax credits
Food Insecurity in My District
The handouts below use data from DMARC’s data visualization dashboard to show food pantry use in each legislative district during DMARC’s fiscal year 2019 (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019).