It is Holiday Time! Give a gift that lasts.
Ways to Give
Are you struggling to find the perfect gift for the holidays or another special occasion of your friend or family member? DMARC has solved your gift-giving dilemma for that special someone:
- Purchase a Center for Social Ministry Calendar – this calendar contains all DMARC/MovetheFood events and giving schedules for congregations. It makes a great gift for your faith leader or congregational staff.
- January Thaw 2013 is approaching, give a gift registration to a course of choice for only $25. Two courses for $50. This is a tradition in adult education of different faith traditions and a great fellowship opportunity. Dates of this annual event are Janaury 8 & 15 or 10 & 17, 2013.
Financial gifts of help, can also be in the form of food, childcare assistance or payment of rent and utilities for a person in need. Here are some ideas:
- $25 will provide a family of four with a three-day food supply
- $50 will purchase 98 pounds of bananas
- $125 will provide sweet potatoes for 270 families.
- $250 will provide peanut butter for 127 families.
Give the gift of help and donate now online, or send your donation to DMARC, 3816 36th Street, Suite 202, Des Moines, IA 50310. DMARC will in turn acknowledge your donation and provide a gift card that you may pass on to the gift recipient.
Ways to Volunteer
Can you help? We need volunteers too:
- Welcome people and answer calls during the holidays and winter break; our busiest time of the year for donations or requests for food.
- Begin a family tradition of collecting food at a “Sack Saturday” event at a local store, and exchange the normal gift giving time for delivering collected food items to the DMARC warehouse together.
- Start early on new year’s resolutions by volunteering at one of the 13 neighborhood food pantries.
- Count, sort and pack food or drive, load and unload the MovetheFood truck (or your truck) for our warehouse.
You may volunteer one time or create a regular schedule. It’s a fun way to make a difference! Click here for more information about volunteering with DMARC.
Got something to say?