COVID-19 Greater Des Moines Resources
Please visit the Iowa Department of Public Health for the latest information on COVID-19 in the state of Iowa. The United Way of Central Iowa is working closely with IDPH to operate the statewide hotline for general information about the coronavirus and its impact on our state. Individuals are encouraged to call 211 if they have questions.
The following is a list of financial and material assistance for people in Greater Des Moines. If you have any resources to add, please contact Luke Elzinga at firstname.lastname@example.org. Last updated: 9:58am, 3/27/2020.
- Apply for Food Assistance (SNAP) in Iowa. Apply online through the DHS Financial Support Application. If you need assistance with your application, the SNAP Hotline can help you determine whether you qualify for SNAP, and help with your application for SNAP benefits. You can access the hotline by phone at 1-855-944-FOOD (3663).
- Visit a DMARC partner food pantry or mobile food pantry site. View our list of alternative food pantry times and procedures.
- For those under 18, visit a Des Moines Public Schools grab-and-go meal site. Find more information about the DMPS Meal Program and meal site locations.
- Find additional food resources available through the Food Bank of Iowa and its partners. Find food resources near you through the Food Bank of Iowa.
- File a claim for unemployment insurance benefits with the state of Iowa. Apply online through Iowa Workforce Development.